Thursday, April 5, 2012

Color: Yellow

Over the weekend I gave my blah blah beige closet mirror a new look.  It is now a very bright yellow.  I can say that yellows have somehow found their way into my heart in the last couple of years.  I think it all began with this fun collection we received at Claire's one spring.  The color pallet was vibrant plum, magenta, jungle green & mustard yellow.  These colors were accented with a nice medium toned wood. Yeah, total love.

To me yellow is a staple.  A primary color that can find it's why into any color scheme. Yellow is awesome because you can add it to grey or natural woods to make a modern statement.  A pale yellow with an ice blue has a regal, feminine look.  It can make the room classic or modern. Combing it with white makes it fun and pop-py.  It goes with gold or silver.  It's safe to say that yellow kicks major butt.

I chose yellow for my closet to make it fun and to give it pop.  When I get dressed in the morning, I want to wake up with the sunshine on my shoulders, ready to drown out whatever crap might come my way.  And for the weekend, I plan to take my steal-of-a-deal chandelier to an all new sunny level.  Since my bathroom is already a nice greenish-grey, yellow is the ideal match (grey & yellow happens to be one of my all time favorite color combos.)  The difficult task, narrowing it down to which yellow & how much.  Stay tuned, this is going to be amazing.



 Bis Dann!
-S-

No comments:

Post a Comment