Sunday, May 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

Baking is a great way to spend Sunday afternoons.  It fills up time between laundry loads, keeps you busy and gives you something to enjoy during Monday's lunch break.  After enjoying a peanut butter cookie from Subway the other day, I decided that would be the perfect treat to bake this Sunday.  Well I went to Pinterest and found a recipe that I had never seen before for peanut butter cookies.  It had honey as an ingredient.  Oh yea, if these cookies went there then I HAD to go there.

The recipe called for creamy peanut butter.  All I had was extra chunky on hand, so I decided it had too work.  I also had some Reese's Peanut Butter Chips in the pantry & I decided they needed to go in the dough as well.  I followed all the instruction, handing the chips in the end.  I baked at the recommend time at 350 and entertained myself by watching Robin Hood Men in Tights.  The recipe made a little over 3 dozen but they were not all the recommended 1.5 inch balls.

The verdict: they're freaking awesome!  Perfectly chewy and the combo of the peanut butter & honey make for a delightful treat!  The recipe can be found on my Pinterest & I have a link posted.  Now my only regret is there not being enough milk in the house.  It will just have to be a fight to the death between the Mr. and I.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment