Friday, January 11, 2013

IMO: Best Black Paints

Unless you have been living under a rock, you would know that I am on my merry way to having some black french doors in my entry which lead to our rock our room (Cordas style bonus room.)  And as with any other color, there are good black paints and bad black paints.

Behr Cracked Pepper.  The name couldn't sum it up anymore.  A not so favorite black paint, looks like old black paint via apartmenttherapy.com

Behr Broadway.  This is the color I chose after the people at the Lowe's paint counter pissed me off. Turns out I like the one more than the original color I was going to use. It's a nice black, not too dark or light and doesn't look like some Hot Topic Lipstick.


Glidden Onyx Black. The blackest black I have found. The perfect color to match your black vinyl pants.  It's a little to black for my taste but is 100% black if that's what you're looking for via elledecor.com


Sherwin Williams Sealskin. This is a grey greyish black. It's part of the HGTV home collections and I plan to use it for my new bedroom stencil via blog.hgtv.com


Sherwin Williams Bohemian Black. If there was a black made to match ultra white, this would be it. The perfect compliment for a modern space.  I really like the way this black makes the yellow pop via elledecor.


Ben Moore Ebony King. A deep inky black that has a blue hue and glamorous feel to it that looks awesome with gold via ruthburts.com


Ben Moore Night Shade. A black with a little hint of purple in it. Look how awesome it is on the trim with grasscloth via whatbrookedoes.com


No comments:

Post a Comment