Thursday, April 26, 2012

Color Inspiration: Tequila Sunrise

Everywhere you go, the new colors for summer are popping up.  This year it is orange based colors like tangerine and coral.  I have always been a fan of them.  Most recently I upped my Ikea Hemnes dresser by painting it with Valspar Hacienda Tile. (It's been glazed and received new handles since this photo.)  Previous to that, I painted the bench in the computer room a very bright tangerine. 

Oranges make a room feel alive or warm.  It is gender neutral.  Corals look great with navy, tangerines pop with teals.  Neon orange is fun and flashy with grey and rust with plums makes for a warm and inviting space.  
All the shades of orange have reminded me of one of my favorite cocktails, Tequila Sunrise.  The combination of orange juice and grenadine make a beautiful umbra affect in the glass.  With the selection of coral and tangerine available this summer, anyone can have a space inspired by summer time delight.

Personally, I plan to keep my orange items around even after the summer fades.  I adore the rust chair in my living room and I have plans to paint a credenza Gingerly by Sherwin Williams as soon as I find it.  I've pulled some items from the internet that would make a pretty nice Tequila Sunrise inspired room.  The sofa is from Macy's, so yellow, so tufted.  The vases and picture frames, Z Gallerie.  The small bird, Crate and Barrel.  The pillow, Etsy.  Curtains, West Elm (who has a fabulous Coral Color Section.)  Rug, RugsUSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment