Monday, July 23, 2012

WPU

This weekend I managed to waste $13 bucks in chicken wire, $8 bucks in trim, roughly $7 in plywood, stand in line at Home Depot 3 times and upcycle 1 cork board.  In the end, I had something that functioned for my kitchen.
BEHOLD

I planned to have a DIY tutorial for this, but there were so many mistakes and mishaps that the final product is all you will get to see.  This project pissed me off too many times to count.  Plus it was a hot, humid day in Houston and I was sweating my butt off. I haven't decided if I am done with it.  I attempted to rub and buff some antique gold on, but it turned disastrous so I had to fix that.  For now I think it will be just blah blah on the wall until I decide what to do.  Maybe I will return to the chicken wire.  

In addition to the memo board, I also had a major score this weekend.  I was able to purchase pillows from One Kings Lane for $22 bucks vs. $75.  Oh yes, pillow bliss from a kick ass deal.  I can not wait until they get here.  Here's a sneak peak of what I am expecting.  The rug needed friends and I think I found them.  I'm going to chalk this up as happily ever after.
The beloved rug


The newcomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment