Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Free Tufted Sofa & It's Issues

So my brother in law gave me a Petrie Sofa from Crate and Barrel.  That's right, gave me a free tufted mid-century inspired sofa.  Here it is.  Pay no attention to everything else around it.

Currently, I have this sofa which did not last as long as I would have liked it.

Then I also own a leather Ethan Allen loveseat which is in the same room with the C&B sofa.  Which means right now I technically own three sofas.  Count 'em, three.  I also have this inky blue color on my living room walls which I love deeply.
And this is what I would like to see my living room looking like one day but with chartreuse instead of orange.  Fresh crisp inky blues with creams or whites. 
navy living room
livbydesignevents.com

Then again, I have this free brown sofa.  So maybe I need to go with something more like this.
CamilleStyles.com
Andy likes the comfort of the cream sectional.  I like the tufted goodness of the brown sofa.  I also love my blue walls which I don't plan on getting rid of.  Plus I don't want to put the money into reupholstering the sectional.  I could keep my brown sofa and get a new rug and new chairs for less than an upholstery job.  Looks like Andy might be losing this battle.  In the end we would both win, I wouldn't be repainting the living room since my Sherwin Williams Tempe Star works in both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment