Saturday, December 14, 2013

Time Warp- It's Saturday?

Whew!  I know right?  I do not know about you guys but I have been BUSY.  Christmas shopping, in-laws, finals, work and home stuff.  My plate has been full which tends to be the holiday standard.  I can not remember if I have mentioned that we have put off listing the house at least until the beginning of next year.  There is just too much happening and not enough time in one day. 

House & decorating wise?  Well, the bedroom is looking great.  Just a few more touches and you can stick a fork in it.  The dining room is also just about there.  I am just having a tough time finding table linens and figuring out what to hang on the wall above the front door bench.  I returned the IKEA Docksta table that was meant for the breakfast nook and have no found anything since.  So there's that and the french doors still in my garage.  My father in-law thinks they will work but he needs his tools.  Hopefully next time.

No Christmas decor this year except for the pallet tree again.  Originally, I did not feel like bringing it down since we were going to list the house.  Now I am just too lazy to bring it down.  No one will be stopping buy our house so really there is no point to make it all pretty if there is no one coming over.

So what is trending in my mind lately?  Colorful canopy beds.  There are so many options.  You do not have to be stuck with oak, white or blackish gray metal.  Alternatively, if you have some cash to spend Room & Board offers the customizable Architecture Bed in a variety of colors and sizes. All of which can be delivered to your door step if you have the cashola.  I say go find a cheap one at a resale shop and make it your own.  If you can not go that route, go to overstock.com, buy this bed, get some spray paint and call it a day until you find an Ikea Edland somewhere on Craiglist.

Yellow Canopy Bed, materialsgirlblog.com
Pink Canopy Bed, propertyfurniture.com
Green canopy bed, Gozetta.com
Orange Canopy Bed, roomandboard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment