Sunday, November 11, 2012

Garage Sale & Captains Mirrors

This weekend we participated in our neighborhood's garage sale.  We advertised this beast on Craigslist and had pretty good success when you think about where we are located.  It was nice purging the house of crap that I have been hoarding for a while.  Crap that I haven't been able to get rid of because I kept forgetting I owned the stuff.   Now that my house is nice and cleaned, free of crap, I feel like I can really start working on the dining room/ hall way project.  I haven't chosen a paint color yet but I have decided on mirrors- yes mirr-ors

I have decided to construct my own captains mirrors, one large and one small, to go above the buffet.  Sherrell, what is a captains mirror?  Well my dears, let me show ya!
Here is one from Target: $29.99
 
One from Candelabra: $379.50
And the one from BDDW:$1500


There are some DIYs out there for a captain's mirror, I am pretty sure I can pull this off without having to spend four hundred bucks.  I am planning for this and a clear glass base lamp that I haven't located yet, but I know are not in short supply.  If it becomes a cost factor, there is always IKEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment