Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Some Favorite Things: Upgraded Bathroom Sinks.

In the land of cookie cutters you can be certain of one thing, your bathrooms will more than likely come with a large vanity with builder grade white "marble" sinks with a massive frameless mirror above it.
Case in point:

Blah!  The suburbs.  Chrome fixtures, beige paint and tile.  I can't knock it, when we first purchased out house, the master bathroom was well equipped with almost the same set up.  I changed out mirrors, light and towel fixtures.  The sink, counter top and basin still remain the same.  But I dream, I pin and I conjure up ideas of what could be.  When it comes to our next place of dwelling, you can be sure of one thing, there will be no cookie cutter master bath in my house.

Modern white and chrome sink vanity
Bellacor.com
Classic, contemporary and just plain cool. This sink/ basin combo begs for white hexagon tile with dark gray grout.  It's not for the faint of heart.  There is a lot of cleaning that accompanies this combo so it's probably not great idea  if you don't enjoy cleaning on a weekly basis.

Wall mounted washbasin
Bellacor.com
Wall mounted washbasin, I see you in some swank Vegas penthouse suite or my future on-suite bathroom.  With this one you have to rely on other storage in the room since there is no vanity.  My thought, no vanity to store unneeded crap in means a whole lot less unneeded crap.  I also like this wash basin because of the ledge around the faucet you can keep your favorites.

White vessel sink
Bellacor.com
Dear counter top vessel sink, you would make my future bathroom feel like a spa and less like a factory.  Either a wall or counter mounted faucet would be the perfect accessory for this sink. I think the sink would also love to see some white subway tile adorned on the wall above it.

So there you have it, some of my favorite sinks you might not find in your average burban cookie cutter home.  Follow my Pinterest Board "Anything But Builder Grade" for other amazing items to throw in your place that you wish would have been standard.  Also, keeping dreaming, that bathroom that will knock your slippers off every morning is in your future some where.

No comments:

Post a Comment