Thursday, June 6, 2013

Teal Mid Century Chairs

So we're going on vacation soon.  If there was one thing I would like to bring home from Florida it would be a pair of vintage chairs to adorn my livingroom with.  Every room needs some vintage flair.  And I am thinking a pair of mid century chairs would be perfect for me.  And teal, they would be teal.  Teal and teak.  Or a pale blueish green sage.  That would be nice too, something in the blue/green family.
Modern Living Room by Austin Architects & Designers Chioco Design

Einsenhower Chair by Thrive Furniture

I have found some amazing pieces on Tampa Bay area Craigslists as well as a couple of amazing stores that I plan on visiting.  The selection is way better than Houston as are the prices!  I am hoping to find a set of chairs there.  If not then I will keep holding out for a West Elm upholstry sale so I can purchase a pair of chairs in silver sage which has been a plan for some time now.  Andy loves mid-century furniture so if I score a pair of chairs, that would be awesome.  I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and wait. 

I had also planned on looking for a coffee table, however, Andy's other favorite style is industrial and that's what he wants, an industrial coffee table.  He likes one that has been floating around on the DIY circuit and it is relatively easy to make with plumbers pipe.  My train of thought, I control how most of the house looks so giving him a piece here and there doesn't even bother me.  My hubby wants an industrial coffee table, an industrial coffee table he shall have.  I on the other hand was thinking a Lane coffee table and new chairs.  Not exactly industrial.  Guess we will just have to see what happens.  Could be an industrial coffee table and new chairs that are not vintage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment